Saturday, August 20, 2011

Planting The Seed

These days if you aren't changing, evolving into a newer, better, more polished you, then there's something wrong. I've noticed in others and even myself that even in these past few months I've grown tremendously as a person. It makes me wonder are we consciously trying to become new people or is it just happening?... Remember the time at the end of the year right before everyone goes out and gets drunk for New Year's Eve?.. We all make these absurd New Year's Resolutions. Why do we only do that once a year? (and usually don't follow through with them) I've decided to start making monthly resolutions. Nothing huge or ridiculous like learning French or learning to play the piano, but smaller things that can actually improve my quality of life. Just at the beginning of the month and adhering to them. So here goes.

For the month of September:

1) No more red meat - this shouldn't be too hard because I rarely eat red meat besides the occasional hangover burger. Not only will this help me drop a couple lbs (not that I really need to) but it's going to make me healthier. Who knows, maybe I'll even become a vegetarian afterward.

2) Take up a new hobby - if I'm not working hard, I'm playing hard. That usually involves a few or eight tequila gimlets. By using my time more productively, my skill set will be sharpened even more than it is now.

3) Do something I've never done before - just what it says. Life is full of new experiences, have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment